GCTA will be hosting the GYB Big Ugly Bash Black Drum Tournament from February 1st, 2018 to April 1st, 2018.
The tournament will begin February 1st, 2018 and end on April 1st, 2018. The tournament will have an entry fee of $25 per angler with 100% payout to the top five winners, 50%, 20%, 15%, 10%, 5%. In addition, there is a $10 Sheephead Side Pot and the Winner Takes All.
There will be a daily weigh in at the Galveston Yacht Basin.
Register today to participate in this fun-filled tournament and grab some of the weekly prize giveaways.
For additional information regarding the tournament please contact Donnie Wood (Tournament Director) at (409) 795-1839
Date: February 1st - April 1st, 2018
Launch: Anywhere (See Rules) @ 6:00am
Weigh In: Daily
Location: Galveston Yacht Basin
Individual Entry - $25
Sheephead Side Pot - $10
*Online Registration Ends Saturday, March 31st @
2018 GYB Big Ugly Bash Rules and Regulations
1. Fish must be caught on a rod and reel/pole and line during dates set for tournament by the person who entered the tournament.
2. Ther is only one payout per place in each category entered.
3. Live, dead, or artificial bait is acceptable.
4. Cannon fish within 300 yards of tournament headquarters (GYB Bait Camp).
5. Decision of the weigh master is final.
6. Weigh in will be at the Galveston yacht Basin bait camp during regular business hours 6am - 5pm, Monday - Sunday. 715 N. Holiday Drive, Galveston, Texas 77550.
7. If caught when the GYB is closed weigh fish in next day.
8. Tournament boundaries are the entire gulf coast in Public Waters, no private lake, ponds or restricted water ways.
9. Black drum has to be 15 inches to qualify, but not more than 30 inches.
10. Captains/Guides may fish the tournament but cannot retain fish during a charter to weigh in for themselves.
11. Charter clients can enter fish tourney.
12. Tournament entrants must register for the tournament 24 hours before entering a fish for weigh in.
13. no mutilated or altered fish.
14. Cannot catch fish in any kind of net or on a trot line.
15. All participants get a copy of rules when entering, by entering this tournament entrants release liability for tournament.
16. Tournament weigh masters reserve the right to clean any fish brought in the be weighed.
17. No refunds on tournament entry.
18. Contestants are responsible for licenses, taxes, or fees.
19. Failure to comply to rules will be automatic disqualification.
20. Tournament starts February 1st at 6am and ends April 1st at 5pm.
21. Tournament headquarters number (409) 692-1555.
22. Any obnoxious, rude, or disruptive behavior will be grounds for disqualification, and the weigh in station, as discretion of the tournament director.
23. Any cheating will not be tolerated, and such will be disqualified.
24. In case of a tie the first person that entered a fish will have the tie breaker.
25. Fish will be weighed one time only.
26. Polygraph will be given to the 1st Place Winner.