Gulf Coast Boats is proud to announce the bringing back of the annual Gulf Coast Boats fishing tournament. This year's tournament will allow teams to use other boat makes, it is not required to fish out of a Gulf Coast Boat but, there will be an additional bonus award if the winning team is fishing out of a Gulf Coast Boat.
Participants will be fishing for four (4) fish stringers, only one (1) trout over 25" and one (1) legal slot redfish to weigh in per team. The combined weight of trout and redfish will be used for entry.
There will be two additional side pots; heaviest flounder and legal slot redfish with the most spots.
For questions regarding the event, please contact us at email@example.com or visit our Facebook Page for frequent tournament updates.
Rules and Regulations
All decisions made by the tournament director and/or tournament officials will be final in all matters. The tournament director and/or the tournament officials can make a change when the safety of a contestant is in question or by a unanimous decision by the tournament committee. Any changes to the rules will be posted on the website www.refishseries.com and communicated to the tournament members in the pre-tournament meeting before the tournaments. Warnings, penalties
Each participant (“contestant”) must read and acknowledge the following rules and indicate so by signing an entry form. A “team” shall consist of two - four anglers.
1) Applicable Laws: Federal, State and Local laws shall be obeyed by contestants at all times. Contestants choosing to fish outside of Texas waters shall adhere to the local and state laws of the venue in which the contestant is fishing, including purchasing and possessing a valid fishing license for that state effective for the dates of competition. Violation of any federal, state and/or local laws shall result in the disqualification of the individual and his team from the Gulf Coast Boats Tournament event, and may disqualify (at the discretion of the officials) the individual and his team from the entire series.
2) Tournament Eligibility: Contestants under 18 years old must fish with their legal guardian as their teammate, or another adult approved by the minor’s legal guardian. The Gulf Coast Boats Tournament reserves the right to refuse membership and participation in any event to any individual and/ or team at the discretion of the tournament committee.
3) Alcoholic Beverages and Illegal Drugs: Consumption of any alcoholic beverages is allowed under the following of the established TABC laws. Under age consumption of alcohol or the use of illegal drugs is strictly prohibited.
4) Sportsmanship: Gulf Coast Boats Tournament participants are expected to follow the highest standards of sportsmanship, courtesy and ethics. Unsportsmanlike and unethical conduct will result in disqualification (at the tournament committee’s discretion). Please refer to the Texas Boating Safety Rules.
5) Permitted Tournament Fishing Waters: Contestants may fish in any inshore public water accessible by boat. “Inshore” for this series is defined as the navigable, tide consumable coastal waters, bays, rivers, and wetlands, extending to the inside of the passes to The Gulf of Mexico. Contestants may not fish beyond the furthest point of a pass extending into the Gulf of Mexico.
- No fishing is allowed within 300 yards of
- No fishing is allowed within 500 yards of any ferry landing.
- Contestants shall not fish in any area which has been “closed” by a governmental agency.
- Wade fishing is allowed, but both contestants must remain within line of sight of the boat.
- Participants are not allowed to fish within 150 feet (50 yards) of another anchored boat or wade fisherman unless they are invited in by that team. An anchored boat is a boat held in a stable position by an anchor, a weight, push pole, PowerPole, or other “anchoring” mechanism with the trolling motor in the up position. If a team invites another team into the inviting team’s
50 yardarea, any tournament participant is also allowed within the waived area.
- The boat anchored in an area first has the right to 150 feet radius of the area.
- If the boat does not have a trolling motor the definition of anchored still applies.
6) Permitted Fishing Methods: All tournament fish shall be taken by
7) Boat Launch: This tournament will have an open launch, teams are allowed to launch from any public waterway following all state and federal laws. Fishing on the day of the tournament is not allowed to begin until 6:00 a.m.
8) Weigh In: Scales will open at 1 p.m. All teams must be in line at the designated
9) Insurance and Liability: Each boat entered into the Gulf Coast Boats Tournament shall have a minimum liability insurance coverage to be maintained throughout the entirety of the Gulf Coast Boats Tournament. It is the responsibility of the boat owner to carry liability insurance covering the vessel. The GCTA will not issue liability coverage for its events. Each member’s signed DECLARATION, WAIVER, RELEASE, AND HOLD HARMLESS AGREEMENT shall be given to Gulf Coast Boats Tournament before a team may compete in the Gulf Coast Boats Tournament event. All tournament participants are required to sign a waiver absolving all tournament officials, officers, participants, sponsors and co-sponsors from any responsibility for damage or personal injury sustained as a result of the contestant’s participation in the tournament or its related activities, and the contestant’s signature on this form shall constitute in an alternate release in the instance the member fails to sign the official DECLARATION, WAIVER, RELEASE, AND HOLD HARMLESS AGREEMENT.
10) Pre-Tournament “Captain’s” Meeting: Tournament Registration for the Gulf Coast Boats Tournament will be the Friday evening before the tournament date between 5:30 PM and 7:00 PM. A pre-tournament meeting will be held following registration at 7:00 PM. THIS IS NOT MANDATORY TO ATTEND.
11) Entry Fees, Tournament Registration and Identification: The entry fee for each team is $220.00 per, up to a 4-person team, all team registration before the “Captains Meeting” will receive a $20.00 discount. Teams must have 100% of the tournament’s entry fee paid prior to the event date. All entry fees are non-refundable, and are in consideration for holding a team’s spot and calculation of projected winnings for tournament officials.
12) Boat, Motor and Horsepower Regulations: All boats shall be a minimum of 15 feet in length and be equipped with a minimum of 25 hp motor. Each boat must have all required U.S. Coast Guard safety equipment. ALL BOATS MUST BE EQUIPPED WITH AN OPERABLE IGNITION KILL SWITCH. The kill switch device must be attached to the driver's body anytime the combustion engine is operating. Anytime the combustion engine is operating and in gear, there must be a driver in the driver's seat in full control of the boat. Any fuel tanks that are not installed by the boat manufacturer are prohibited. Fuel may be carried only in factory installed (built-in) fuel tanks. Any additional fuel used during the tournament day must be purchased from a retail facility open to the public.
13) Safety: Safe boating will be observed at all times. Each contestant is required to possess a U.S. Coast Guard approved, personal floatation device and follow all State and Federal laws. Tournament days may be shortened or canceled due to unsafe weather or water conditions. The decision to shorten or to cancel will be left totally to the discretion of the tournament director/committee. A 4-hour period shall constitute a day of fishing. It is the competitor’s responsibility to communicate with the Tournament Director if cancellation of the event is suspected. Cancellations will be communicated via VHF radios on a channel decided at the Pre-Tournament Meeting. If conditions are not safe on the tournament day, the Gulf Coast Boats Tournament reserves the right to reschedule the tournament.
14) Tackle and Equipment: Only artificial lures, live bait, dead bait or prepared bait will not be permitted. Only one rod and reel may be used at any one time per angler.
15) Fish: A team’s tournament weight will consist of FOUR fish total, only ONE red drum ("redfish"), measuring no less than 20 inches and no more than 28 inches, in length, and ONE speckled trout measuring over 25 inches per team is allowed. It is not required to have a full (4) fish stringer for weigh in. An all trout stringer (4 trout with no red) is allowed per team weigh in. Cumulatively, in no instance may a team possess an amount of fish over the state laws. Live fish may be culled; teams must keep (retain) dead fish. Contestants are responsible for following all state and federal laws. No altered or mutilated fish will be accepted. All fish will be inspected for alterations in size, length and weight. Any altered fish shall result in the disqualification of the team weighing the altered fish.
16) Scoring: Tournament standings, auxiliary awards and final winners shall be determined by the total weight of each team’s catch during the tournament consisting four (4) fish stringers, only one (1) trout over 25’’ and one (1) legal slot redfish, measured in pounds and 100
17) Ties: If two or more teams have identical weight in the tournament, it will be considered a tie. In the event of a tie, the prize money from the consecutive places will be combined and split between the teams. For example, if two teams tie for second place, the amounts designated to second place AND third place will be combined, divided by two, and distributed to the teams, equally.
18) Protest Procedure: All protests must be submitted in writing, along with a $300 cash deposit. Protests must be submitted to the tournament director no later than 15 minutes following the weigh-in of the last fish. All decisions will be made by the tournament director and committee, and are final. If the protest is upheld, the cash deposit will be returned to the person submitting the protest.
19) Permission to be filmed for Television: All participants agree to be filmed, photographed, taped, interviewed, quoted or otherwise revealed, without compensation, by Gulf Coast Boats Tournament or its assigns. This includes but is not limited to the official photographers, writers, hosts, or sponsors of this event under the conditions authorized by the Gulf Coast Boats Tournament organizers. Each contestant, by his signature affixed below, hereby gives the Gulf Coast Boats Tournament, and its assigns, the right to use (without compensation) the contestant’s name, picture, likeness, quotes, and biographical information, whether audio or visual, before, during and after the period of an individual or team participation in an event.
189 County Road 213, Matagorda, TX 77457
Saturday, April 27, 2019
Poco Playa Restaurant
582 Fisher St, Matagorda, TX 77457
Friday, April 26, 2019
Time: 5:30pm - 7:00pm
Teams: 1 - 4 Person Teams
$200 Per Team (Online)
$220 Per Team (At Captains Meeting)
Registration Fee: $10
Side Pots (Optional):
- Heaviest Flounder $50
- Slot Redfish w/Most Spots $25
Live weigh-in is not required but, live fish will receive an additional 1/8lb per fish to the total stringer weight. This is an artificial bait only tournament.
Launch Time: Launch anytime and anywhere, Fishing starts at
Weigh In: Scales open from