Please enter information in the form below to process registration for 2019 Annual Gulf Coast Boats Fishing Tournament.
All decisions made by the tournament director and/or tournament officials will be final in all matters. The tournament director and/or the tournament officials can make a change when the safety of a contestant is in question or by a unanimous decision by the tournament committee. Any changes to the rules will be posted on the website www.refishseries.com and communicated to the tournament members in the pre-tournament meeting before the tournaments. Warnings, penalties and disqualifications will be determined by the tournament officials. A signature on one set of rules and regulations is applicable for any and all GCTA events and may be used as an acknowledgement for such.
Each participant (“contestant”) must read and acknowledge the following rules and indicate so by signing an entry form. A “team” shall consist of one to four anglers.
1) Applicable Laws: Federal, State and Local laws shall be obeyed by contestants at all times. Contestants choosing to fish outside of Texas waters shall adhere to the local and state laws of the venue in which the contestant is fishing, including purchasing and possessing a valid fishing license for that state effective for the dates of competition. Violation of any federal, state and/or local laws shall result in the disqualification of the individual and his team from the Gulf Coast Boats Tournament event, and may disqualify (at the discretion of the officials) the individual and his team from the entire series.
2) Tournament Eligibility: Contestants under 18 years old must fish with their legal guardian as their teammate, or another adult approved by the minor’s legal guardian. The Gulf Coast Boats Tournament reserves the right to refuse membership and participation in any event to any individual and/ or team at the discretion of the tournament committee.
3) Alcoholic Beverages and Illegal Drugs: Consumption of any alcoholic beverages is allowed under the following of the established TABC laws. Under age consumption of alcohol or the use of illegal drugs is strictly prohibited.
4) Sportsmanship: Gulf Coast Boats Tournament participants are expected to follow the highest standards of sportsmanship, courtesy and ethics. Unsportsmanlike and unethical conduct will result in disqualification (at the tournament committee’s discretion). Please refer to the Texas Boating Safety Rules.
5) Permitted Tournament Fishing Waters: Contestants may fish in any inshore public water accessible by boat. “Inshore” for this series is defined as the navigable, tide consumable coastal waters, bays, rivers, and wetlands, extending to the inside of the passes to The Gulf of Mexico. Contestants may not fish beyond the furthest point of a pass extending into the Gulf of Mexico.
6) Permitted Fishing Methods: All tournament fish shall be taken by rod, reel, and artificial tackle only. Contestants shall not “harass” fish, to include such antics as “burning” or corralling of schools with a boat. Prior to and during the tournament, contestants shall not “cork” or otherwise mark fish or schools of fish for identification for the purposes of locating fish during tournament hours. Wade-fishing is allowed. Teams who wade-fish must remain within line if sight of the team’s boat. However, contestants may not leave the boat to net a fish hooked while the contestant or his partner is in the boat. A wade-fisherman must net his own fish.
7) Boat Launch: This tournament will have an open launch, teams are allowed to launch from any public waterway following all state and federal laws. Fishing on the day of the tournament is not allowed to begin until 6:00 a.m.
8) Weigh In: Scales will open at 1 p.m. All teams must be in line at the designated weigh in station before 3:00 p.m. on the day of the tournament. Any team not in line by 3:00 p.m. will be disqualified from the tournament.
9) Insurance and Liability: Each boat entered into the Gulf Coast Boats Tournament shall have a minimum liability insurance coverage to be maintained throughout the entirety of the Gulf Coast Boats Tournament. It is the responsibility of the boat owner to carry liability insurance covering the vessel. The GCTA will not issue liability coverage for its events. Each member’s signed DECLARATION, WAIVER, RELEASE, AND HOLD HARMLESS AGREEMENT shall be given to Gulf Coast Boats Tournament before a team may compete in the Gulf Coast Boats Tournament event. All tournament participants are required to sign a waiver absolving all tournament officials, officers, participants, sponsors and co-sponsors from any responsibility for damage or personal injury sustained as a result of the contestant’s participation in the tournament or its related activities, and the contestant’s signature on this form shall constitute in an alternate release in the instance the member fails to sign the official DECLARATION, WAIVER, RELEASE, AND HOLD HARMLESS AGREEMENT.
10) Pre-Tournament “Captain’s” Meeting: Tournament Registration for the Gulf Coast Boats Tournament will be the Friday evening before the tournament date between 5:30 PM and 7:00 PM. A pre-tournament meeting will be held following registration at 7:00 PM. THIS IS NOT MANDATORY TO ATTEND.
11) Entry Fees, Tournament Registration and Identification: The entry fee for each team is $220.00 per, up to a 4-person team, all team registration before the “Captains Meeting” will receive a $20.00 discount. Teams must have 100% of the tournament’s entry fee paid prior to the event date. All entry fees are non-refundable, and are in consideration for holding a team’s spot and calculation of projected winnings for tournament officials.
12) Boat, Motor and Horsepower Regulations: All boats shall be a minimum of 15 feet in length and be equipped with a minimum of 25 hp motor. Each boat must have all required U.S. Coast Guard safety equipment. ALL BOATS MUST BE EQUIPPED WITH AN OPERABLE IGNITION KILL SWITCH. The kill switch device must be attached to the driver's body anytime the combustion engine is operating. Anytime the combustion engine is operating and in gear, there must be a driver in the driver's seat in full control of the boat. Any fuel tanks that are not installed by the boat manufacturer are prohibited. Fuel may be carried only in factory installed (built-in) fuel tanks. Any additional fuel used during the tournament day must be purchased from a retail facility open to the public.
13) Safety: Safe boating will be observed at all times. Each contestant is required to possess a U.S. Coast Guard approved, personal floatation device and follow all State and Federal laws. Tournament days may be shortened or canceled due to unsafe weather or water conditions. The decision to shorten or to cancel will be left totally to the discretion of the tournament director/committee. A 4-hour period shall constitute a day of fishing. It is the competitor’s responsibility to communicate with the Tournament Director if cancellation of the event is suspected. Cancellations will be communicated via VHF radios on a channel decided at the Pre-Tournament Meeting. If conditions are not safe on the tournament day, the Gulf Coast Boats Tournament reserves the right to reschedule the tournament.
14) Tackle and Equipment: Only artificial lures, live bait, dead bait or prepared bait will not be permitted. Only one rod and reel may be used at any one time per angler.
15) Fish: A team’s tournament weight will consist of FOUR fish total, only ONE red drum ("redfish"), measuring no less than 20 inches and no more than 28 inches, in length, and ONE speckled trout measuring over 25 inches per team is allowed. It is not required to have a full (4) fish stringer for weigh in. An all trout stringer (4 trout with no red) is allowed per team weigh in. Cumulatively, in no instance may a team possess an amount of fish over the state laws. Live fish may be culled; teams must keep (retain) dead fish. Contestants are responsible for following all state and federal laws. No altered or mutilated fish will be accepted. All fish will be inspected for alterations in size, length and weight. Any altered fish shall result in the disqualification of the team weighing the altered fish.
16) Scoring: Tournament standings, auxiliary awards and final winners shall be determined by the total weight of each team’s catch during the tournament consisting four (4) fish stringers, only one (1) trout over 25’’ and one (1) legal slot redfish, measured in pounds and 100 ths of a pound. If fish are kept alive an additional 1/8lb will be applied per fish to the total stringer weight.
17) Ties: If two or more teams have identical weight in the tournament, it will be considered a tie. In the event of a tie, the prize money from the consecutive places will be combined and split between the teams. For example, if two teams tie for second place, the amounts designated to second place AND third place will be combined, divided by two, and distributed to the teams, equally.
18) Protest Procedure: All protests must be submitted in writing, along with a $300 cash deposit. Protests must be submitted to the tournament director no later than 15 minutes following the weigh-in of the last fish. All decisions will be made by the tournament director and committee, and are final. If the protest is upheld, the cash deposit will be returned to the person submitting the protest.
19) Permission to be filmed for Television: All participants agree to be filmed, photographed, taped, interviewed, quoted or otherwise revealed, without compensation, by Gulf Coast Boats Tournament or its assigns. This includes but is not limited to the official photographers, writers, hosts, or sponsors of this event under the conditions authorized by the Gulf Coast Boats Tournament organizers. Each contestant, by his signature affixed below, hereby gives the Gulf Coast Boats Tournament, and its assigns, the right to use (without compensation) the contestant’s name, picture, likeness, quotes, and biographical information, whether audio or visual, before, during and after the period of an individual or team participation in an event.
In exchange for participation in a Gulf Coast Tournament Association LLC (“GCTA”) tournament (the “GULF COAST BOATS FISHING TOURNAMENT”) and the opportunity to win cash and prizes, I hereby acknowledge, affirm and agree to (declare) the following:
1. That the vessel that I am using in the GULF COAST BOATS FISHING TOURNAMENT has an active, valid liability insurance policy or rider with a minimum of $100,000.00 liability coverage applicable to the boat owner, passengers, or other third parties injured as a result of any mishap involving the vessel;
2. That the act of traveling in and fishing by use of a boat in tournament situations often times presents dangerous circumstances, including, but not limited to traveling at high rates of speed; exposure to inclement weather, such as high winds, fog, rain, and extreme heat or cold; striking or grounding on submerged objects, masses, debris, or land; being in close proximity to, including collisions with, other vessels or structures; use of sharp objects, including knives, scissors, pliers, tools, hooks, lures and the like; being subjected to exhaustion, fatigue, and/or dehydration; and/or being subjected to equipment or vessel failure (e.g. outboard motor, boat hull, pumps, trolling motor, batteries and electronic devices); yet, I willfully, knowingly, and voluntarily declare that I submit my person, equipment and vessel to these conditions and assume any risk arising out of or as a result of my involvement in these circumstances. I agree to indemnify and hold harmless GCTA, the GULF COAST BOATS FISHING TOURNAMENT, together with all sponsors and affiliates of the GULF COAST BOATS FISHING TOURNAMENT, their respective agents, principals and assigns (the “Indemnified Parties”) with regard to any loss or damage to my person or property (including fish to be presented at weigh-in) while engaged in any act of participation in the GULF COAST BOATS FISHING TOURNAMENT, including, but not limited to, those acts during practice, captain’s meetings, tournament performance and while engaged in collateral/ancillary activities of the GULF COAST BOATS FISHING TOURNAMENT.
3. That during the GULF COAST BOATS FISHING TOURNAMENT, usage and maintenance of my boat/vessel, instruments and equipment are my sole responsibility and that the Indemnified Parties GULF COAST BOATS FISHING TOURNAMENT, its principals, agents and assigns are in no way responsible for failure of my equipment or any action of mine or a third party which could result in damages or losses to my property (including live fish to be presented at weigh-in) or person, or to those same damages or losses to a third person. I agree to hold harmless GULF COAST BOATS FISHING TOURNAMENT, its agents, principals and assigns, as well as indemnify them in the event of a claim regarding any loss or damage to property or person arising out of my usage or maintenance of my vessel, instruments and equipment in the EVENT.
4. That I further agree to indemnify, defend and hold the Indemnified Parties harmless from and against any and all liabilities, damages, losses, expenses, claims, demands, suits, fines, or judgments that include reasonable attorneys' fees, costs and expenses, incidental thereto, which may be suffered by, accrued against, charged to or recoverable from any party, by reason of any claim arising out of or relating to any act or error or omission, or misconduct of my agents or me during the GULF COAST BOATS FISHING TOURNAMENT.
5. That I agree to waive any right to compensation or a claim against the Indemnified Parties with regard to the use of my likeness or appropriation, thereof, in any media format, whatsoever. I further agree to indemnify the Indemnified Parties against any claim by a third party involving advertisement, sponsorship, or use of other marketing methods involving said third parties or their product or services. I further agree that any media, photographs, video, audio and the like that includes the likeness of me or my sponsorship, produced by any of the Indemnified Parties is the sole property of one or more of the Indemnified Parties and I waive any right of compensation or ownership claim to said property. I acknowledge that the Indemnified Parties have the absolute authority to use my likeness in any reasonable manner deemed appropriate by the Indemnified Parties.
I HEREBY ASSUME FULL RESPONSIBILITY FOR ANY RISK OF BODILY INJURY, DEATH OR PROPERTY DAMAGE arising out of or related to the GULF COAST BOATS FISHING TOURNAMENT OR THE INDEMNIFIED PARTIES WHETHER CAUSED THE NEGLIGENCE OF ANY OF THE INDEMNIFIED PARTIES. I CERTIFY THAT I AM PHYSICALLY FIT AND OTHERWISE NOT MEDICALLY DISQUALIFIED OR AT RISK WHILE PARTICIPATING IN THESE EVENTS.
I HEREBY RELEASE THE INDEMNFIED PARTIES FROM ALL LIABILITY FOR ANY AND ALL LOSS OR DAMAGE, AND ANY CLAIM OR DEMANDS THEREFROM ON ACCOUNT OF INJURY TO MY PERSON OR PROPERTY OR RESULTING IN MY INJURY OR DEATH ARISING OUT OF OR RELATED TO THE GULF COAST BOATS FISHING TOURNAMENT, WHETHER CAUSED BY THE NEGLIGENCE OF ANY OF THE INDEMNIFIED PARTIES.
I HAVE READ THIS RELEASE AND WAIVER OF LIABILITY, ASSUMPTION OF RISK AND INDEMNITY AGREEMENT, FULLY UNDERSTAND ITS TERMS, UNDERSTAND THAT I HAVE GIVEN UP SUBSTANTIAL RIGHTS BY SIGNING IT, AND HAVE SIGNED IT FREELY AND VOLUNTARILY WITHOUT ANY INDUCEMENT, ASSURANCE OR GUARANTY BEING MADE TO ME AND INTEND MY SIGNATURE TO BE A COMPLETE AND UNCONDITIONAL RELEASE OF ALL LIABILITY TO THE GREATEST EXTENT ALLOWED BY LAW.
By entering your name on the signature line of this online participant release, you are legally signing the document. If you accept your electronic execution of this instrument, please enter your legal name and the date of execution.
Let GCTA host your next Tournament, Event or Charity so that you can focus on whats important and let us handle the rest.
Contact Us Today to learn more about our Services! We have what your next Tournament or Event needs!